7 days Machame route Mount Kilimanjaro hike.
our 7 days Machame route Mount kilimanjaro hike takes to Africa’s highest Mountain and the tallest free standing mountain on the planet.
Day 1: Arrival and hotel transfer.
Upon your arrival at Kilimanjaro airport,meet Twende professional guide and transfer you to the Springlands Hotel for your overnight stay.
Day 2: Drive to Machame gate.
After breakfast, you will be picked from the hotel and drive to Machame headquarter for briefing. After introduction to your guides and the rest of the crew and registration at the parks’ gate, you will the begin the hike to Machame hut as you walk through the rain forest on a winding trail up a ridge.
Note:The trail can be muddy and slippery. Trekking poles and gaiters are important here.
Day 3: Machame hut to Shira Camp.
After breakfast and packed lunch, continue on ascending path crossing the valley and walking along a steep rocky ridge until you turn west on a river gorge. Dinner and overnight at Shira camp.
Day 5: Barranco camp to Karanga Camp.
Depart shira plateau and continue to the east up a ridge pass the junction towards the peak of Kibo, continue south East towards the lava tower and arrive at the second junction that takes us up to the Arrow glacier at an altitude of 16000ft. Head to Barranco hut for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Karanga Camp to Barafu camp.
This is a short days hike meant for acclimatization. After breakfast depart Barranco and on a steep ridge pass the Baranco wall till you get to Karanga camp. Dinner and overnight at Barafu camp.
Day 7: Barafu Camp to summit to Uhuru peak to Mweka camp.
Head Northwest and ascend through Stella point (18,600ft)on the crater rim and take a rest. At this point you may encounter snow all the way as you ascent to the summit, this is the most challenging portion of the trek. Arrive at Uhuru peak which is the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and enjoy the sunrise from the summit.
Descend down to Mweka camp with lunch en-route at Barafu. Expect rains at Mweka in the afternoons rest for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Mweka Camp to Mweka gate.
You will be picked and transferred to Springlands hotel for overnight. (BB)
Day 9: Departure.
You will be transferred to Kilimanjaro airport for the flight back home.
End of the Hike
- National Park gate fees
- Transport from Moshi to starting point on mountain and return to Moshi
- Hut / camping fees and tents
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides for all routes
- Porters’ salaries
- Rescue fees (required by the national park)
- All meals on the mountain
- Two nights’ accommodation in Moshi bed and breakfast, based on double occupancy
- Tents, foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment, and eating utensils
- Oximeters are available upon request
- 18% VAT
- Tips for guides and porters
- Mountain equipment (e.g. sleeping bags)
- Some equipment are available for rent.
- Transfer from Arusha on private car hire $100 one way
- Lunches and dinners at the Springlands Hotel