Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tracking Notes
For your Rwanda and Uganda adventure, below are some of the important Gorilla & Chimpanzee Tracking Notes and what to include in your packing list.
- Gorilla tracking is a strenuous activity and one should be physically fit to enjoy this tour.
- Minimum tracking age is 15 years.
- No one with signs of communicable diseases will be allowed to trek.
- While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and sighting the gorillas, the quality of the gorilla trekking cannot be guaranteed.
- Maximum time allowed with the gorillas will NOT exceed ONE hour.We strongly recommend the following:
- Rain poncho (lightweight) for the cold weather and unpredictable rain showers.
- long-sleeved shirt, waterproof trousers essential for gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking, hence they help to protect the travelers from bites by ground insects.
- Sturdy hiking boots,
- leather gardening -type gloves to protect from thorny bushes.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent and any necessary medications must be brought by yourselves either from your home town or from Kampala.
- Hats and sunglasses for protection from direct sun.
- Still Cameras and Camcorders are allowed, but bring batteries and film with you.
Please note that Gorilla tracking is date specific, so you will need to advise exact dates of travel for us to go ahead and advise availability. Permits are only purchased upon receipt of your deposit, after confirmation from you.
Gorilla permits are booked on a “first come first served” CASH basis and therefore can be purchased by others.
Please do make a decision as soon as you can in order to avoid disappointment.
On confirmation, please advise full names as they appear in your passports, nationality passport number and date of birth.